A quick guide: First steps
This quick guide shows an overview over all necessary steps from data loading to half-life calculation in five minutes.
Starting the program
Start one of the start-up scripts in the main directory of HALO, depending on your system:
gui.bat for Windows users
gui.sh for Linux and Mac OS users
Loading the data
- Choose your file through browsing
- Define which labels contain which type of RNA when asked.
- Add optional attributes with the Add attributes/sequences button.
Filtering the data
- Expand the menu by clicking the Filter Data menu in the menu bar.
- Choose one or more filtering methods. For a short description of these click the help button to the left.
- Click Start to perform filtering.
- Expand the menu by clicking the Normalization → Normalization menu or pressing Ctrl + N.
- Choose a normalization method by clicking the corresponding button in the new panel.
- Click Start to perform normalization and
Plot to create a graph.
- Expand the menu by clicking the Half-life → Calculate Half-Life menu or pressing Ctrl + H.
- Add as many half life calculation methods as you want by subsequently clicking on the Add calculation
- You can see your current choices with the Display choices button.
- Half-life calculation is started with Start.
- You can save and plot the results with the corresponding buttons.